Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My, how time flies

Well, if you can believe it, Connor is turning 5 on Friday. It seems just yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital, and now here we are in Preschool! Wow. I must say that being his mom has been a fun experience for me. He really taught me what love is all about.

Yesterday, we were playing and he was bossing Cooper around. I told him to stop, that he's not Coop's boss. He says "But, Mom! I AM Cooper's boss! I'm da big brother!" I explained that he doesn't get to be the boss until he's a daddy; big brothers don't get to be the boss. He asks "well, den, who am I da boss of? NOBODY?! I need to be de boss to somebody!"

I love it. Don't we all feel that way? Everybody wants someone to boss around. Well, maybe one day he'll have the joy of being "da boss!" of his own son. That day will come all to soon, I fear. His childhood is sailing past. He's a precious boy. Happy Birthday, Connor!

1 comment:

Three Against One said...

Tif, I didn't know that you had a blog too, YEAH!!
Connor turning 5, NO WAY! It was just yesterday that we were in Wiele's office and you were trying not to get sick by eating the crud out of those crackers.
Oh how I miss you and those days!